Prep time – 15 mins
Total time – 15 mins
Simple, 6 ingredient chocolate chia seed pudding that’s naturally sweetened and so thick and creamy. Simple, loaded with nutrients and perfect for breakfast, a snack or dessert!
· 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Almond Breeze Almondmilk Original Unsweetened
· 1/3 cup (63 g) chia seeds
· 1/4 cup (24 g) cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
· 2 Tbsp (30-75 ml) maple syrup if not blending (can sub 5 dates, pitted if blending)
· 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
· 1/8 tsp sea salt
· optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. If not blending (which I preferred!), sweeten to taste with maple syrup at this time. If blending, you can sweeten later with maple syrup or dates.
2. Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it’s achieved a pudding-like consistency).
3. If blending, add to a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down sides as needed. Sweeten to taste.
4. Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.
5. Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fruit, granola or coconut whipped cream.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate for 1 of 4 servings.
*Prep time does not include chilling!
Serving size: 1/4 of recipe Calories: 133 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 1.2 g Carbohydrates: 17 g Sugar: 9gSodium: 187mg Fiber: 8.6 g Protein: 5.3 g