So we want to stay true to our resolutions and eat the salad, but short days and cold weather make the temptation of going off your meal planning easy. Next time that bread or comfort food calls your name, I have the perfect solution for you.
This below chili recipe is packed with protein and its heartiness will keep you warm throughout the cold winter months.
• 2 lbs. Ground Turkey
• 1 Medium Diced Onion
• 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
• 1 (28 oz.) Can Crushed Tomatoes
• 2 (15 oz .each) Cans Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
• 2 Bay Leaves
• 4 Tbsp.Tomato Paste
• 8 oz Beef Broth
• 1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
• 2 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
• 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
• 1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
• 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
• 2 (15 oz. each) Cans Great Northern or Navy Beans
• 4 oz. Quinoa –
- Himalayan Pink Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Brown ground turkey and onions until turkey is fully cooked.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with chilies, tomato paste, beef broth, bay leaves, cumin, chili powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and oregano and mix well.
4. Stir in beans, cooked Quinoa.
5. Simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Remove bay leaves and serve.
The secret to great chili is to build a multi-level of flavor. The beer and cocoa powder adds a wonderful complex flavor combined with the rest of the ingredients. This chili is tasty, healthy, low calorie and filling!!