Let’s cleanse your body and get the metabolism firing.
How are you feeling this week? A little bloated and tired from eating a few too many calories. Do you need to align your body and get that metabolism strong? The first thing we need to do is address what we are putting in our bodies, food, the biggest drug we consume. Carefully selected foods will naturally cleanse our bodies and allow the body to function better. This will help with our mental clarity and eliminating inflammation, toxins, and other side effects from bad food, the more our bodies will be charged up and energized.
Intermittent fasting for weight loss
The first step I suggest, and this is entirely up to you, is intermittent fasting. This helps me with bloating, cleaning out my body and, fat loss. Why? Because it allows my body ample time to digest and eliminate all foods and, keep the body is a state of ketosis. If you are curious about the fat loss, here is a little fact… intermittent fasting is the key strategy we use at our club with the challenges. The best part is it realistic and it is a good long term strategy for most people. intermittent fasting can help you break through weight loss plateaus in a few different ways:
- Our bodies can only comfortably take in a certain amount of calories at once, so limiting your intake window naturally limits total daily caloric intake.
- The smaller eating window also helps eliminate unnecessary snacking, especially late at night.
- Being in the state of ketosis reduces appetite and increases satiety levels.
- When we eat more healthy, organic and satisfying foods, your body is breaking down the extra stored fat to be used for .
Intermittent fasting for more energy
Intermittent fasting stabilizes blood sugar levels and it will help you feel clear and alert. The key is to break your fast with a low carb intake. When you do start to fuel your body with the right food, you will actually feel super energized all day.
Intermittent fasting for more energy to create self-healing
Intermittent fasting activates something called autophagy in the body, which is a phenomenon where it literally eats its own cells and tissues—in a good way. It helps the body essentially “clean house,” removing harmful and toxic compounds and recycling damaged proteins.
In addition, intermittent fasting will help you reintroduce foods into your diet that maybe bothering you. I personally have been trying to eliminate foods that maybe bothering my digestive track. When I am fasting for 14 -16 hours and my digestive track is completely empty, I can make my first meal a questionable food that I have suspected to be the cause of my internal inflammation problems. Recently, this allowed me to realize that peppers are super tasty, but my body rejects them.
Why would you cleanse or detox your body?
When your body hits a plateau or just does not feel right regardless of your training and nutrition, it helps to to “push the rest button”. Why? Recovery and reset the body as it maybe telling you that it needs to heal or rest. Sometimes it is the food we eat that will cause the body to resist the hard work we are doing. And other times we are just more aware that the body is not functioning right. Regardless it is the perfect way to help the body step back for a moment, work on the quality of foods we eat so we can improve digestion, strengthen our immune system and most importantly re-evaluate our current nutrition program.
Your to do list starting
- Fasting – It is hard to do, but try to put all your food into an 8 -10 hour window. I am using 11am to 7pm. If I eat late, I push back the next days start time. If this is hard for you, you may eat some almonds, walnuts, egg whites of a boiled egg to reduce hunger.
- Buy organic whole foods this week
- Proteins choices are tofu, tempeh, organic fish, chicken or eggs
- Reduce your carbs choices to:
- Yams or sweet potatoes
- Slice of life low carb almond flour bread
Below is a list of food that can be added to you diet.
These foods will give your liver a helping hand so that it works at peak efficiency all the time to keep you clean from the inside out.
Do your best to eat some of these foods each day. If you do, you are giving your body a daily cleaning service. Help it stay clean and support your body in doing what it does naturally.
- Brazil nuts
- Brussels sprouts
- Cilantro (coriander)
- Collard greens
Sample meal plan
some healthy fats.
MEAL Plan 1
- Meal #1: Carb Smart Bread (+Cinnamon) and some blueberries
- Meal #2: Can of Tuna, ½ cup of quinoa, apple(+Cinnamon) and 1tbs of olive oil
- Meal #3: Chicken breast, Salad Greens, apple and Half an Avocado
- Meal #4: Omelette (2 whole eggs + 0.75-1 cup whites) and Berries
MEALS PLAN 2
- Meal #1: ½ cup barley (treat like oatmeal), cinnamon, ½ cup berries
- Meal #2: Chicken Breast, Veggies, ½ cup of quinoa, Olive Oil (add 1 ½ tsp to rice and 1 ½ tsp for Vegetables/Salad). 10 Frozen Raspberries for a tasty sweet after
- Meal #3: Fish, Veggies, ½ cup Quinoa + Salad. (add 2 ½ tsp to Vegetables/Salad). Add some feta cheese and some fruit to salad.
- Meal #4: Eggs (one whole, four whites), Rapini (greens), peppers, and Salad(add 2 ½ tsp to Vegetables/Salad). 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt for tasty sweet