Integrity Nutrition Counselling by Meghan Fernandes
Maintaining a good fitness regimen isn’t only about exercising on a regular basis – it has a lot to do with what you eat too. Healthy eating plays an integral role in weight loss, strengthening, toning, and shaping. No matter what your fitness goals, when you bring diet and nutrition into the picture, you are bound to achieve faster results in a more sustainable way.
It is my goal to encourage, motivate and empower people to adopt a healthier lifestyle by promoting wellness through nutrition counselling, meal planning, health education, and physical activity. Through this health promotion I am determined to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of individuals, families, and our surrounding community.
Her Promise (Commitment) to her clients:
(Adopted from the Canadian College of Dietitians for Nutrition Professionals)
As a professional nutritionist I pledge to practice the art and science of dietetics to the best of my abilities:
- to maintain integrity and empathy in my professional practice;
- to strive for objectivity of judgment in such matters as confidentiality and conflict of interest;
- to maintain a high standard of personal competence through continuing education and an
ongoing critical evaluation of professional experience;
- to work co-operatively with colleagues, other professionals, and laypersons;
- to protect members of society against the unethical or incompetent behaviour of colleagues or
other fellow health professionals;
- to ensure that our publics are informed of the nature of any nutritional treatment or advice and
its possible effects;
- to obtain informed consent for any invasive or experimental procedures.
PBC Sports Nutritionist
M.S. Sports Nutrition
B.S. Sports & Fitness Management
An Athlete All Her Life
An avid long distance runner, Meghan has always been heavily involved in sports. She began her running career at age ten when she joined her middle school cross-country team – and she has been running ever since! She received an athletic scholarship for cross-country and track and field at Troy University in Alabama (a Division One team).
As a dedicated athlete, not only did Meghan quickly realize the role of physical activity when it comes to personal health, but she also came to understand the fact that proper nutrition and nutrient balance have a tremendous impact on performance. These discoveries turned into keen interests which lead to her successful completion of a Bachelor’s of Science in Sports and Fitness Management, followed by a Master’s of Science in Sports Nutrition.
Meghan’s Life at PBC
Meghan has found her ideal professional position at PBC as a Sports Nutritionist and Personal Trainer. Committing to the notion that the two go hand in hand, she relishes in the opportunity to work with people on a fitness level and a nutrition level. According to Meghan, it’s all about hard work and dedication because after all:
- Initial consultation to learn about you, your current diet and your fitness goals
- Regular appointments to educate you on good, wholesome nutrition
- Practical, specific and easy-to-implement diet recommendations
- Follow-up appointments to analyze your diet and evaluate your progress
The Full Package Approach
At PBC, we believe in providing you with the full package. We may offer world-class training programs, but if we don’t give you the nutritional education to go along with it, we run the risk of you falling short of your goals. To lose weight, build muscle or get the beach body you’ve always dreamed of – our nutritional services complement our fitness offerings to give you everything you need to achieve your goals.
THE FAST TRACK CHALLENGE
TAKE CARE OF YOUR NUTRITIONAL NEEDS
A. “The Mini Fast Track Challenge”- a FOUR session program -$129
All clients that lose 6lbs or more, drop more than 1.45% body fat and lose 10+ CM’s receive a “triple benefit perk” — 2 FREE BOOT CAMPS!
B. “The Fast Track Challenge”- an EIGHT session program -$209
All clients that lose 10lbs or more, drop more than 2.8% body fat and lose 15+
CM’s receive a “triple benefit perk”→ — 3 FREE BOOT CAMPS!
If you are reading this, you are most likely looking for a professional nutrition and wellness coach to guide you to personal success. Our program will offer you leadership, nutritional advice, accountability, and meal plans that will get you on the right track. Integrity Fitness does not believe in hardcore low calories/carbohydrate meal plans for drastic weight loss. We firmly believe in “smart” eating to achieve long term success.
The Fast Track Program will offer you:
- Weekly micromanagement and coaching of your personal lifestyle
- Weekly accountability of eating habits
- A pre-determined plan to accommodate lifestyle and realistic goals
- Implementation of gradual levels of eating behaviour
The Fast Track Program will help you:
- Create better eating habits
- Understand how to prepare your food to reduce hunger, increase your metabolism, and gain greater nutritional value
- Re-enforce what proper nutrition is required to maximize achieving results when exercising intensely
- Educate you on easy to prepare foods and ideas
- Trust that food is not the enemy to your body fat concerns, just your choices
The Fast Track Program has benefits:
- You will feel the difference in your body. It will reward you with greater energy, endurance, strength, and feeling younger
- You will notice a difference in your clothes
- You will see a reduction in body fat and inches
- You will get that kick start you need to achieve greater motivation!
Do you lack energy? Motivation? Sleep? Have that bikini or little black dress you are itching to get back into? Want to fall in love with yourself again?
What kind of physical results can I expect?
We have had three challenges at PBC. The average change in all three programs:
- 13.1 lbs of fat loss
- 2.9% in body fat loss
- 19 cms loss
The Fast Track Program includes:
- Full Nutritional Consulting
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly with your Nutritional Coach
- Specialized Meal Plans
- Food Guide
- Weekly Accountability